Dr. F. Brett Shannon was the area’s first pediatric orthopedic surgeon arriving in Fort Myers in September 1992 after four years at Bethesda Naval Hospital as head of Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Shannon is board-certified and fellowship-trained in pediatric orthopedic surgery. He is married to Toni and they have three children.
A former U.S. Navy doctor and reservist, Dr. Shannon was called back to duty during the war post-9/11. Dedicated to his country and his community, he invests significant time each year in high-level continuing education to bring the latest treatments and technical advancements to SW FL.
He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, the Pediatric Orthopedic Society of North America, and the Lee County Medical Society.
Education & Experience
- Specialty: Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery — Board-certified, Orthopedic Sports Medicine – Board-certified
- Degree: Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, 1980
- Internship: Naval Hospital, San Diego, CA 1980-81
- Residency: Naval Hospital, San Diego, CA 1984-88
- Fellowship: Nemour’s Children’s Clinic, Jacksonville, FL 1988-89